Rose Croix Veritas

Les Bergere d'Arcadie John the Baptist SamHain Line




published by Éditions Dyroles in Toulouse, July 1977.

Translated from French.

Rennes-le-Chateau, small country of the Aude perched on a rock piton, owes its celebrity with a treasure discovered at the end of last century by the Abbé Bérenger Saunière. Named Curé of this place on June 1, 1885, this priest is poor. His church and its presbytery are dilapidated. But providence is large. Here in November 1885, he receives the visit of an envoy of the Countess of Chambord, widow of the grandson of Charles X, the former applicant to the crown of France. The delegate whom one designates under the name of “Mister de Chambord” is not other than Jean de Habsbourg!

The count de Chambord deceased in 1883 does not leave any posterity, his widow and its partisans are enemies of the branch of Orleans, it is them which form a Mérovingien movement which exists still nowadays, "Le cercle du Lys" “the circle of the Lily (or Light)”, street of the Admiral Mouchez in Paris, animated by 350 faithful…

One [count de Chambord] gives to the Abbé Saunière a sum of 3.000 francs, against this one [Saunière] is committed to carrying out certain document retrievals in his church.

Between 1885 and 1891, “Mister de Chambord” will return six times to follow the results of the operation, slope to each passage of the gifts, that is to say on the whole 20.000 Francs. Moreover, in 1891, the priest obtains municipality 1.400 Francs to continue repairs of the church. During work of masonry carried out by two workmen: Pibouleu and Babou, they discovered by raising a flagstone in front of the Altar, a wood case containing three parchments. The very same day, the Abbé stops the repairs [and] then devotes himself personally to research and he finds…

He finds a pot full with gold coins of various times with jewels with 16th and 17th centuries. The majority of the jewels are negotiated with a goldsmith in Perpignan who comes to find the priest with the hotel of Mr. Eugene Castel, Sadi-Carnot quay. The gold coins pass abroad, a certain number between the hands of a numismatist, Léo Schidlof, some given in 1908 to a young seminarist, Joseph Courtauly.

The three parchments are composed:

a) of a genealogy of the counts de Rhédae since the origin, act of 1243, which carry the seal of Blanche de Castille (from where confusion in the spirit of some to believe in the treasure of this queen),

b) of an act of 1608 of François-Pierre d' Hautpoul, who gives a complement of genealogy since 1240 with a comment in bad Latin,

c) of a will of Henri d' Hautpoul of April 24, 1695, which carries seal and signature of the testator, with in has on the right the letter P.S. in Gothic, and a Latin invocation with five saints:

Antoine de Padoue,

Antoine of Egypt,

Sulpice of Bourges,

Roch of Montpellier

and Marie-Madeleine.

This last document carried out two months before the death of the testator, then 42 years old, remains a mystery! These acts sealed by M Espezel, in Limoux, of which they carry the broken seal, are opened with the Chateau of Rennes in 1743, that is to say 48 years later by M Ribes. Hidden during the Revolution by the canon Antoine Bigou, 18 where in 1891 the two workmen discover them.

As Mathieu Paoli (1) thinks it, do these documents reveal with the Abbé Saunière  the hiding-place of the pot to the treasure? Certainly not. As she indicates Elisabeth d' Hautpoul: “The parts should be deciphered”. i.e. to translate these Latin texts by chartrists. Work which is not competence of the Abbé Saunière. Let us admit rather than the priest convinces himself with the sight of the parchments of the existence of a treasure, and than the chance supports it…

In 1892, he goes to Mgr. Billiards, Bishop of Carcassonne, with like pretext of negotiating the parchments. He receives from this last [visit] 200 francs, as well as a letter for the Abbé Bueil , then directing the Saint-Sulpice seminar of Paris.

His passage to the capital is attested in March 1892 by his signature on the register of the priest visitor celebrating the mass, by this act one salt which it lives at Mr. Ane, of which one of the sisters is Religieuse [translated as chocolate éclair], and the other married to Mr. Letouzey, editor of the “Life of the Saints”.

At Letouzey [place], he meets the beginner Emile Hoffet, of passage with a chartrist of Saint-Gerlach. The Saunière priest is invited at Claude Debussy ['s place], where he becomes acquainted with Charles Plantard with whom he will maintain a followed correspondence. He meets there also Emma Calve, the latter will visit him to Rennes in August 1892 at the time of a voyage to Spain.

With the gleam of this, it is clear that the Abbo Saunière does not think of depriving himself of the parchments and that its only desire is a translation…

With the death of the Abbé Bérenger Saunière, on January 22, 1917, his niece, Mrs. James, who lives Montazels, expresses her rancour, she does not have for any heritage that “… this old paperwork that nobody can read, and a book of the collection of the pirroresque Magazine , it is all…”. In October 1955, she sells for the 250.000 Francs the old parchments to two Englishmen: the Captain Ronald Stansmore and to Sir Thomas of “the International League of the Ancient Booksellers”. They are characters of this league whose Mathieu Paoli makes hear testimony on October 16, 1972 in Radio-Geneva: “This league, extremely old, enjoys a solid reputation. Its seat is in London and it has frontage on all the great places of the world. It has excellent experts. Consequently, when it reveals the contents of the parchments discovered by Bérenger Saunière, it is difficult to shout with the joke…”, declares Mr. Paoli.

Still one to fair curious in this mobility. In August 1938, the grandson of Charles Plantard spends one week at Marie Denarnaud, the former maidservant of the Abbé Saunière. She gives him “all the correspondence of his grandfather; and many other files”, Noël Corbu, the heir to Marie reports, in a Marina Grey interview of the ORTF in May 1961 per 1 ' emission of the “Wheel Turns”. What does not prevent this same Noël Corbu from receiving in September 1966 this grandson at his place!

The alleged manuscripts presented by Gerard de Sède are forgeries. The original in was manufactured in 1961 by the marquis Philippe de Cherisey and deposited in May 1962 at maitre Bocon-Gibot. Thus Gerard de Sède did not have that a photocopy reproduced in his book “the Gold of Rennes” (2). Better still, this same marquis spiced his joke by publishing in June 1971 (with registration of copyright with the National Library) a work on Rennes, with the decoding of the original. This work bears the name of Circuit.

- II - Posterior in the table of Signorelli, the work of Giovanni Francesco Guercino was carried out in Rome between 1621 and 1623, then preserved at the Corsini gallery, finally that of Nicolas Poussin, first version, date of 1630, rectified by the second version of 1635 kept by Louvre.

The currency of all these tables “ET IN ARCADIA EGO” is extremely old, since already in 1210, Robert, abbot of  Mount Michaelmas , in fact quotation as being that of the PLANTARD, descendants of the counts de Rhedae.

The question is not to determine if Poussin has to fair a passage in Languedoc in 1635, but to know if the table of the SHEPHERDS Of ARCADIE, second version, represents well the tomb known as of Arques, such as it were at the time. Actually, the tomb is not in Arques, but locates on meridian line zero between Peyrolles and Serres. This tomb quoted in a work of 18th century of the Abbe Delmas had on his northern face a vertical stone which carried this currency: “ET IN ARCADIA EGO': and it was transported in 1789 to the cemetery of Rennes-le-Chateau. Thus, it is exact that Poussin represented this stone. Exact also that the Abbé Antoine Bigou dealt with stone.

There exists dens the files of Évêché, a document of the hand of the bearing priest on the transfer by Guillaume Tiffou, of this flagstone of Greenhouses with Rennes-le-Chateau, in November 1789. The engraving represented in his book by Gerard de Sède. via Chésa, is faked. From 1789 to 1895, this stone is on the burial of the marchioness of Blanchefort, in the cemetery of Rennes-le-Chateau, close to the bell-tower. It is it which was erased by the Saunière priest in January 1895, then placed by him on the ossuary which he had built by Elie Study Bureau. This stone was [covered in] reagent and photographed with the infra-red in September 1966 [and] reveals the following text:

"A first protest of Domenica Olivier d' Hautpoul was made with the town hall of Rennes in February 1895 for the withdrawn stone of the tomb of her grandmother."

In this same year, the Abbé Saunière engraves a new flagstone whose text was published in 1906 with volume XVII, p.105, of the Bulletin of the Scientific Survey firm of the Aude. This stone is withdrawn a few months after being placed on the tomb of the marchioness of Blanchefort, at the time of the second protest of Domenica Olivier d' Hautpoul in connection with the epitaph of which here the text:

"This flagstone was not erased and gîsait broken in its middle in a corner of the cemetery of Rennes. It was withdrawn by Ernest Cros, was deposited in Ginoles, then, in 1939, moved in Carcassonne in a private property where it is now. That Mr. Rene Descadeillas knows it very well, as [he] proves [in a] passage of his Mythologie book of the treasure of Rennes ": “One showed the abbot to have to fair to disappear a flagstone placed on the tomb from Hautpoul, or to have erased the inscription of it more exactly. By questions patiently put to the ones and the others, Mr. Cros had, said it, partially reconstitutes the inscription Reddis Regis…

- III - Among the diplomas of Languedoc, let us quote the three following:

a) The charter of Vicus Electum of 813, reporting the foundation of the monastery Sainte-Marie d' Alet by Bera IV, count de Rhédae, and his Romella wife.

 b) the charter of the Arcias Villa of 761, reporting the foundation of the monastery of Arch (burnt and replaced in 14th century by a castle), by Guillaume or Guillemon, count de Rhédae.

c) the charter of Capitanarias the Villa, known as later on of the Trapas Villa in 718, reporting the foundation of the monastery Saint Martin's day d' Albières by Sigebert, count de Rhédae, and his Magdala wife.

If it is exact that this Sigebert is quoted like burning kid, it written forever that he was descendant of the king Dagobert II of Austrasie. On the other hand, it is without any doubt the son of Bera it and the grandson of Wamba, proclaimed king of the Visigoths into 672. The counts de Rhédae are the descendants of the kings Visigoths; however, like each 1égende its share of truth has, it seems that the woman of Sigebert, this Magdala which gives its name to the church of Rennes, is one of the three girls of Bridjet, herself elder girl of the first marriage of Dagobert II then in exile. The origin would be thus:

TULCA----------RICHILDA WAMBA-----------------GISLICA DAGOBERT II-------------MATHILDE | | BERA BRIDJET | | SIGEBERT----------------------------MAGDALA

In truth, quite strange history that that of this monastery located on gold mines, between Auriac and Albières, with 20 kilometers of Rennes-le-Chateau, dedicated to the legendary Saint Martin who tore his coat! With a charter which disappears and reappears at the convenient period. Untraceable in 760, it was presented by the archbishop Sigebod in 850 at the pope Jean VIII, then with king Louis-the-Bêgue.

In 870, one seeks it vainly. From return in 884, the Sigebod archbishop obtains his benefit for the church of Narbonne. Still lost… and found into 898 by the Amuste archbishop. This last then obtains Charles-the-Simple confirmation of its rights and in more those of the abbey of Cubières. Nowadays, one salt if it is in Évêché de Narbonne, of Perpignan or Carcassonne.

The truth is perhaps that expressed by a Languedocien poet, Maurice Magre, when he writes: “Formerly Arcadiens, simple shepherds having followed with their armed herds Greek in Gaule, are installed in the Pyrenees, made stock there, from where the tradition of Oc, which wants that the father of the count Bera, the duke Wamba, proclaims king of Visigoths of Razes, that is to say of the origin of the Arcadiens.”

- IV - “This evening, in a narrow part, around a table which only [has] one lamp lit. The greatest portion of a piece remained plunged in the half-light”. Such is the cave of the démystificateurs of Rennes-le-Chateau. It is in this place that council the princes of the hoax hold. Five men, plain like the fingers of the hand of the devil: Rene Lasdeilcadès, Jean Randsar, Jacques Cherished, Maurice Gueno and George Tecot.

Of course, the reader understands that all these equivocal individuals are purely imaginaries, that the names of the people or the events quoted in this chapter do not have any relationship with existing characters or facts or having existed. The stupidity of their remarks collected by an invisible microphone, deposited there by the plumbers of Connected Duck reveal their state of mind well; so much so that no one would not wish to claim to have the least resemblance to them.

Their principal subject for conversation: a book published in 1956 by Henri Lobineau, who gives a descent to the king Dagobert II…

- Could you prove the identity of this mysterious author? question Rene Lasdeilcadès.

- Henri de Lénoncourt is his true name, answers Jean Randsar. It is an old scholar in spite of his aspect hand lantern, old maintaining 83 years. He lives with his daughter. But at the time of the book, he remained Rue Lobineau in Paris. Former supplier of Léo S. Schidlof (3) in parts, medals and miniatures of all kinds.

- Secret and imperceptible Character, adds Jacques Cheri. He traversed all the area of Rennes between 1956 and 1964 with a recorder with the hand. A mythomaniac who informed himself near the owners of grounds now uncultivated, but where formerly old medals were discovered.

- I know, takes again Rene Lasdeilcadès, that it returned visit to Villarzel-of-Razes to this unhappy Abbé Courtauly, mentally decreased , from which he withdrew some gold coins for a ridiculous price. I also know that the seat of the network was in Paris at Herbert Régis, which occurred Foch, and that the goods were transported through Europe by certain Fakhar Ul Islam. And statement that one communicated the documents to me on Rennes only in 1957! If I had known before…

- Of course, you lost one year on Lobineau, rétorque while laughing Maurice Gueno, but you are nine years in advance on Gerard de Sède who had them only in 1966.

- Yes, but you forget, says George Tecot, that there is a second book entitled “secret Files of Henri Lobineau '' and published in March 1967.

- Indeed, counterpart Jean Randsar, the author is a certain Philippe Toscan of Plantier, 17 Quay of Montebello in Paris. He was 29 years a brown big boy to 1 ' time, professor of philosophy who declaims close to his/her comrades the benefits of the future mode Mérovingien. The whole finished Saint-Germain boulevard in joy, and what a joy!

- Alas, adds Jacques Cheri, the end is sadder, because in truth the young professor took drugs with the L.S.D. and heroin. But the police officers of the vice quad reflect fine with its divagations little time after the diffusion of its work.

- Reality, concluded Lasdeilcadès, it is that this Henri Lobineau de Lénoncourt, like this Philippe Toscan of Plantier, were only copiers. The totality of the genealogies were published in March 1939 by the abbot Pierre Plantard, vicar of the basilica Holy-Clothilde of Paris. The proof is simple: “the name of the current descendant does not appear in any place in the three works”. The reason: the abbot Pierre Plantard is scrambled in 1939 with the son of Pierre V, deceased on August 30, 1922. This descendant is purely and simply excluded from the genealogy and… all the copiers repeat the same error since! Including Gerard de Sède and Mathieu Paoli. The only table which does not exist in the work of the abbot Pierre Plantard, it is that of Lénoncourt, whereas it appears into good place in the Lobineau publication. My opinion remains the same one: Dagobert II did not have descendants. The counts de Rhédae cannot  be Mérovingien descendants .

- V - In October 1973, a young journalist, Jean-Luc Chaumeil, published in agreement with Claude Jacquemart a special number of the Hullabaloo on “the Files of the Priory of Sion” and that one is for or against, this initiative deserves all our consideration.

The Order of Sion was founded in Jerusalem in 1090 under the name of Prieuré of Sion (P.S.) by Godfroi de Bouillon. In March 1117, Beaudoin ler is constrained to negotiate in Saint-Léonard d' Acre and prepares the constitution about the Temple under the directives of the Priory of Sion. In 1118, the Order of the Temple is rested by Hugues de Payen. From 1118 to 1188, the Priory of Sion and the Order of the Temple have the same Grand Masters. From 1188, the Priory of Sion counts 27 Grand Masters until this day. The latest to date are:

Charles Nodier of 1804 to 1844; Victor Hugo of 1844 to 1885; Claude Debussy of 1885 to 1918; Jean Cocteau of 1918 to 1963

and since 1963, to new order, the Abbé Ducaud-Le Bourget (4).

What prepares the Priory of Sion? I am unaware of it, but it represents a power able to face the Vatican in the days to come. Mgr Lefebvre is a member extremely active and frightening, able to say: “You make me pope, I make you king”. Jean Dutour, in his chronicle of France-Evening of 19 to June 20, 1977, A included/understood well: “It is necessary to acknowledge that a king is a quite convenient thing. Its first quality is to be no matter who. He is a Head of the State by his birth and not by his merits. So that it does not offend anybody… It is much more symbolic system that a politician elected by a half of the people against the other.”

These lines come after a former article on the Ducaud-Le Bourget abbot. Who would dare to tax Jean Dutour with royalist! One salt that it is perfectly impartial and independent. Then? Like Jean-Luc Chaumeil, it should be admitted that since generations of the initiates work in the shade and prepare the future. One wind to make descendants of the counts de Rhédae of Mérovingiens! Why not…

From a round, from a lily, will be born a so grand Prince, Bientôt and come late in its Province. Nostradamus (5) this July 15, 1977

1. Paoli (Mathieu) “lower parts of a political ambition: New revelations on the treasure of Razès and Gisors”, 1973.

(2) Gerard de Sède “the gold of Rennes”, 1967.

(3) An Austro-Hungarian, like Jean de Habsbourg, alias Mr. de Chambord.

(4) This personality of the catholic Church, which was pointed out by its savage opposition to the reforms concilaires, had been made famous while occupying, on Sunday February 27, 1977, the Parisian church of Saint Nicolas's Day of the Hanging-post with other traditionalists priests and one important group of integrant Catholics. Mgr. Ducaud-Le Bourget was deceased on June 12, 1984. (note of the editor)

(5) Quoted by Gerard de Sède “the fabulous race”, 1973, p.112.


Rennes-le-Château, petit pays de l’Aude perché sur un piton rocheux, doit sa célébrité à un trésor découvert à la fin du siècle dernier par l'abbé Bérenger Saunière. Nommé curé de ce lieu le 1er juin 1885, ce prêtre est pauvre. Son église et son presbytère sont délabrés. Mais la providence est grande. Voici qu'en novembre 1885, il reçoit la visite d'un envoyé de la comtesse de Chambord, veuve du petit-fils de Charles X, l’ancien prétendant à la couronne de France. Le délégué que l’on désigne sous le nom de "Monsieur de Chambord" n'est autre que Jean de Habsbourg!

Le comte de Chambord décédé en 1883 ne laisse aucune postérité, sa veuve et ses partisans sont des ennemis de la branche d'Orléans, ce sont eux qui forment un mouvement mérovingien qui existe encore de nos jours, "Le cercle du Lys", rue de l'Amiral Mouchez à Paris, animé par 350 fidèles...

On remet à l'abbé Saunière une somme de 3.000 francs, contre quoi celui-ci s'engage à effectuer certaines recherches de documents dans son église.

Entre 1885 et 1891, "Monsieur de Chambord" reviendra six fois pour suivre les résultats de l'opération, versant à chaque passage des dons, soit au total 20.000 Francs. De plus, en 1891, le curé obtient de la municipalité 1.400 Francs pour continuer les réparations de l’église. Au cours des travaux de maçonnerie exécutés par deux ouvriers : Pibouleu et Babou, ceux-ci découvrirent en soulevant une dalle devant l’autel, un étui de bois contenant trois parchemins. Le jour même, l'abbé fait arrêter les réparations, puis se livre personnellement à des recherches et il trouve...

Il trouve une marmite pleine de pièces d'or de diverses époques avec des bijoux du XVIè et XVIIè siècles. La plupart des bijoux sont négociés chez un orfèvre de Perpignan qui vient retrouver le curé à l’hôtel de M. Eugène Castel, quai Sadi-Carnot. Les pièces d'or passent à l'étranger, un certain nombre entre les mains d'un numismate, Léo Schidlof, quelques-unes données en 1908 à un jeune séminariste, Joseph Courtauly.

Les trois parchemins se composent : a) d'une généalogie des comtes de Rhédae depuis l’origine, acte de 1243, qui porte le sceau de Blanche de Castille (d'où confusion dans l'esprit de certains à croire au trésor de cette reine), b) d'un acte de 1608 de François-Pierre d'Hautpoul, qui donne un complément de généalogie depuis 1240 avec un commentaire en mauvais latin, c) d'un testament de Henri d'Hautpoul du 24 avril 1695, qui porte cachet et signature du testateur, avec en has à droite les lettre P.S. en gothique, et une invocation latine à cinq saints : Antoine de Padoue, Antoine d'Egypte, Sulpice de Bourges, Roch de Montpellier et Marie-Madeleine. Ce dernier document réalisé deux mois avant le décès du testateur, alors âgé de 42 ans, demeure un mystère ! Ces actes scellés par Me Espezel, à Limoux, dont ils portent le sceau brisé, sont ouverts au Château de Rennes en 1743, soit 48 ans plus tard par Me Ribes. Cachés à la Revolution par le chanoine Antoine Bigou, 18 où en 1891 les deux ouvriers les decouvrent.

Comme le pense Mathieu Paoli (1), ces documents révèlent-ils à l’abbé Saunière la cachette de la marmite au tresor ? Certainement pas. Ainsi que l’indique Elisabeth d'Hautpoul : "Il faut déchiffrer les pièces". C'est-à-dire faire traduire ces textes latins par des chartristes. Travail qui n'est pas de la competence de l’abbé Saunière. Admettons plutôt que le curé se persuade à la vue des parchemins de l’existence d'un trésor, et que la chance le favorise...

En 1892, il se rend chez Mgr. Billard, Evêque de Carcassonne, avec comme prétexte de négocier les parchemins. Il reçoit de ce dernier 200 francs, ainsi qu'une lettre pour l’abbé Bueil, alors directeur du séminaire Saint-Sulpice de Paris.

Son passage dans la capitale est attesté en mars 1892 par sa signature sur le registre du prêtre visiteur célébrant la messe, par cet acte l’on salt qu'il habite chez M. Ane, dont l’une des soeurs est religieuse, et l’autre mariée à M. Letouzey, éditeur de la "Vie des Saints".

Chez Letouzey, il rencontre le novice Emile Hoffet, de passage avec un chartriste de Saint-Gerlach. Le curé Saunière est invité chez Claude Debussy, où il fait la connaissance de Charles Plantard avec lequel il entretiendra une correspondance suivie. Il y rencontre aussi Emma Calve, cette dernière lui rendra visite à Rennes en août 1892 lors d'un voyage en Espagne.

A la lueur de ceci, il est clair que l’abbé Saunière ne songe pas à se dessaisir des parchemins et que son seul désir est une traduction...

Au décès de l'abbé Bérenger Saunière, le 22 janvier 1917, sa nièce, Mme James, qui habite Montazels, exprime sa rancoeur, elle n'a pour tout héritage que " ...cette vieille paperasse cue personne ne peut lire, et un livre de la collection le Magasin pirroresque, c'est tout...". En octobre 1955, elle vend pour 250.000 Francs anciens les parchemins à deux Anglais : le captain Ronald Stansmore et sir Thomas de "La Ligue Internationale de la Librairie Ancienne". Ce sont des personnages de cette ligue dont Mathieu Paoli fait entendre le témoignage le 16 octobre 1972 à Radio-Genève : "Cette ligue, fort ancienne, jouit d'une solide réputation. Son siege est à Londres et elle a façade sur toutes les grandes places du monde. Elle dispose d'excellents experts. Par conséquent, lorsqu'elle révèle le contenu des parchemins découverts par Berenger Saunière, il est difficile de crier à la farce...", déclare M. Paoli.

Encore un fair curieux dans cette mouvance. En août 1938, le petit-fils de Charles Plantard passe une semaine chez Marie Denarnaud, l’ancienne servante de l’abbé Saunière. Elle lui donne "toute la correspondance de son aïeul ; et bien d'autres archives", relate Noël Corbu, l'héritier de Marie, dans une interview à Marina Grey de l’ORTF en mai 1961 pour 1'émission de la "Roue Tourne". Ce qui n'empêche pas ce même Noël Corbu de recevoir en septembre 1966 ce petit-fils chez lui !

Les prétendus manuscrits présentés par Gérard de Sède sont des faux. L'original en a été fabriqué en 1961 par le marquis Philippe de Cherisey et déposé en mai 1962 chez maitre Bocon-Gibot. Ainsi Gérard de Sède n'a possédé qu'une photocopie reproduite dans son livre "L'Or de Rennes" (2). Mieux encore, ce même marquis a pimenté sa farce en publiant en juin 1971 (avec dépôt légal à la Bibliothèque Nationale) un ouvrage sur Rennes, avec le décodage de l’original. Cette oeuvre porte le nom de Circuit.

- II - Postérieure au tableau de Signorelli, l'oeuvre de Giovanni Francesco Guercino fut exécutée à Rome entre 1621 et 1623, puis conservée à la galerie Corsini, enfin celui de Nicolas Poussin, première version, date de 1630, rectifié par la seconde version de 1635 gardée par le Louvre.

La devise de tous ces tableaux "ET IN ARCADIA EGO" est fort ancienne, puisque déjà en 1210, Robert, abbé du Mont Saint-Michel, en fait citation comme étant celle des PLANT-ARD, descendants des comtes de Rhedae.

La question n'est pas de déterminer si Poussin a fair un passage en Languedoc en 1635, mais de savoir si le tableau des BERGERS D'ARCADIE, deuxième version, représente bien le tombeau dit d'Arques, tel qu'il était a l'époque. En réalité, le tombeau n'est pas à Arques, mais situe sur le méridien zéro entre Peyrolles et Serres. Ce tombeau cité dans un ouvrage du XVIIIè siècle de l'abbé Delmas avait sur sa face nord une pierre verticale qui portait cette devise : "ET IN ARCADIA EGO': et elle fut transportée en 1789 au cimetitre de Rennes-le-Château. Ainsi, il est exact que Poussin a représenté cette pierre. Exact aussi que l’abbé Antoine Bigou s'est occupé d'une pierre.

Il existe dens les archives de l’Eveche, un document de la main du prêtre portant sur le transfert par Guillaume Tiffou, de cette dalle de Serres à Rennes-le-Château, en novembre 1789. La gravure représentée dans son livre par Gérard de Sède. via Chésa, est truquée. De 1789 à 1895, cette pierre se trouve sur la sépulture de la marquise de Blanchefort, dans le cimetière de Rennes-le-Château, près du clocher. C'est elle qui fut effacée par le curé Saunière en janvier 1895, puis placée par lui sur l’ossuaire qu'il avait fait construire par Elie Bet. Cette pierre passée au reactif et photographiée à l’infrarouge en septembre 1966, révèle le texte suivant:

Une première protestation de Dominique Olivier d'Hautpoul fut faite à la mairie de Rennes en février 1895 pour la pierre retirée de la tombe de son aïeule.

En cette même année, l’abbé Saunière fait graver une nouvelle dalle dont le texte fut publié en 1906 au tome XVII, p.105, du Bulletin de la Société d'Etudes Scientifiques de l’Aude. Cette pierre est retirée quelques mois après avoir été placée sur la tombe de la marquise de Blanchefort, lors de la deuxième protestation de Dominique Olivier d'Hautpoul à propos de l’epitaphe dont voici le texte :

Cette dalle n'etait pas effacée et gîsait brisée en son milieu dans un coin du cimetière de Rennes. Elle a été retirée par Ernesr Cros, deposée à Ginoles, puis, en 1939, deplacée à Carcassonne dans une propriété privée où elle se trouve toujours. Cela M. Rene Descadeillas le sait très bien, comme le prouve le passage de son livre Mythologie du trésar de Rennes" : "On accusait l’abbé d'avoir fair disparaître une dalle placée sur le tombeau des d'Hautpoul, ou plus exactement d'en avoir effacé l’inscription. Par des questions patiemment posées aux uns et aux autres, M. Cros avait, disait-il, partiellement reconstitue l’inscription Reddis Regis...

- III - Parmi les diplômes du Languedoc, citons les trois suivants : a) La charte du Vicus Electum de 813, relatant la fondation du monastère Sainte-Marie d'Alet par Bera IV, comte de Rhédae, et sa femme Romella. à) La charte de la Villa Arcias de 761, relatant la fondation du monastère d'Arques (incendié et remplacé au XIVè siècle par un château), par Guillaume ou Guillemon, comte de Rhédae.

c) La charte de la Villa Capitanarias, dite ultérieurement de la Villa Trapas en 718, relatant la fondation du monastère Saint-Martin d'Albières par Sigebert, comte de Rhédae, et sa femme Magdala.

S'il est exact que ce Sigebert se trouve cité comme rejeton ardent, il n'a jamais été écrit qu'il était fils du roi Dagobert II d'Austrasie. Par contre, il est sans aucun doute le fils de Bera il et le petit-fils de Wamba, proclami roi des Wisigoths en 672. Les comtes de Rhédae sont les descendants des rois wisigoths ; toutefois, comme chaque 1égende a sa part de vérité, il semble que la femme de Sigebert, cette Magdala qui donne son nom à l’église de Rennes, soit l’une des trois filles de Bridjet, elle-même fille aînée du premier mariage de Dagobert II alors en exil. L'origine serait donc :

                     WAMBA-----------------GISLICA   DAGOBERT II-------------MATHILDE
                           |              |
                      BERA       BRIDJET
                           |              |

En vérité, bien étrange histoire que celle de ce monastère situé sur des mines d'or, entre Auriac et Albières, à 20 kilomètres de Rennes-le-Château, dédié au légendaire saint Martin qui déchira son manteau ! Avec une charte qui disparaît et réapparaît au moment opportun. Introuvable en 760, elle fut présentée par l'archevêque Sigebod en 850 au pape Jean VIII, puis au roi Louis-le-Bêgue.

En 870, on la recherche vainement. De retour en 884, l’archevêque Sigebod obtient son bénéfice pour l’église de Narbonne. Perdue encore... et retrouvée en 898 par l’archevêque Amuste. Ce dernier obtient alors de Charles-le-Simple confirmation de ses droits et en plus ceux de l'abbaye de Cubières. De nos jours, on ne salt si elle se trouve aux Evêchés de Narbonne, de Perpignan ou de Carcassonne.

La vérité est peut-être celle exprimée par un poete languedocien, Maurice Magre, lorsqu'il écrit : "Jadis les Arcadiens, simples bergers ayant suivi avec leurs troupeaux les armés grecques en Gaule, s'installérent dans les Pyrénées, y firent souche, d'où la tradition d'Oc, qui veut que le père du comte Bera, le duc Wamba, proclame roi de Wisigoths du Razes, soit d'origine arcadienne."

- IV - "Ce soir-là, dans une pièce étroite, autour d'une table qu'éclairait une seule lampe. La plus grande partie de la piece restait plongée dans la pénombre". Tel est l’antre des démystificateurs de Rennes-le-Château. C'est en ce lieu que tiennent conseil les princes du canular. Cinq hommes, unis comme les doigts de la main du diable : René Lasdeilcadès, Jean Randsar, Jacques Cheri, Maurice Gueno et Georges Tecot.

Bien entendu, le lecteur comprend que tous ces louches individus sont purement inaginaires, que les noms des personnes ou des évènements cités dans ce chapitre n'ont aucun rapport avec des personnages ou des faits existants ou ayant existés. La stupidité de leurs propos captés par un micro invisible, déposé là par les plombiers du Canard Enchaîné révèlent bien leur état d'esprit ; au point que nul ne désirerait prétendre avoir la moindre ressemblance avec eux.

Leur principal sujet de conversation : un livre publié en 1956 par Henri Lobineau, qui donne une descendance au roi Dagobert II...

- Avez-vous pu établir l’identité de cet auteur mystérieux ? interroge René Lasdeilcadès.

- Henri de Lenoncourt est son veritable nom, répond Jean Randsar. C'est un vieil érudit malgré son aspect falot, âgé maintenant de 83 ans. Il habite chez sa fille. Mais à l’époque du livre, il demeurait rue Lobineau à Paris. Ancien fournisseur de Léo S. Schidlof (3) en pièces, médailles et miniatures de tous genres.

- Personnage secret et insaisissable, ajoute Jacques Cheri. Il a parcouru toute la région de Rennes entre 1956 et 1964 avec un enregistreur à la main. Un mythomane qui s'informait auprès des propriétaires de terrains aujourd'hui incultes, mais où jadis on découvrait des médailles anciennes.

- Je sais, reprend Rene Lasdeilcadès, qu'il a rendu visite à Villarzel-du-Razes à ce malheureux abbé Courtauly, un diminué mental, auquel il a soustrait quelques pièces d'or pour un prix dérisoire. Je sais aussi que le siège du réseau se trouvait à Paris chez Herbert Régis, avenue Foch, et que la marchandise était transportée à travers l'Europe par un certain Fakhar Ul Islam. Et dire que l’on ne m'a communiqué les documents sur Rennes qu'en 1957 ! Si j'avais su avant...

- Bien sûr, vous avez perdu un an sur Lobineau, rétorque en riant Maurice Gueno, mais vous avez neuf ans d'avance sur Gérard de Sède qui ne les a possédés qu'en 1966.

- Oui, mais vous oubliez, dit Georges Tecot, qu'il existe un second livre intitulé "Dossiers secrets d’Henri Lobineau'' et publié en mars 1967.

- En effet, réplique Jean Randsar, l’auteur est un certain Philippe Toscan du Plantier, 17 Quai de Montebello à Paris. C'était un grand garçon brun de 29 ans à 1'époque, professeur de philosophie qui déclamait près de ses camarades les bienfaits du futur régime mérovingien. Le tout se terminait boulevard Saint-Germain dans l’allégresse, et quelle allégresse !

- Hélas, ajoute Jacques Cheri, la fin est plus triste, car en vérité le jeune professeur se droguait au L.S.D. et à l'héroïne. Mais les policiers de la brigade mondaine mirent fin à ses divagations peu de temps après la diffusion de son ouvrage.

- La réalité, conclu Lasdeilcadès, c'est que cet Henri Lobineau de Lenoncourt, comme ce Philippe Toscan du Plantier, ne furent que des copieurs. La totalité des généalogies furent publiées en mars 1939 par l'abbé Pierre Plantard, vicaire de la basilique Sainte-Clotilde de Paris. La preuve est simple : "le nom du descendant actuel ne figure à aucune place dans les trois ouvrages". Le motif : l’abbé Pierre Plantard est brouillé en 1939 avec le fils de Pierre V, décédé le 30 août 1922. Ce descendant est purement et simplement exclu de la généalogie et... tous les copieurs répètent la même erreur depuis ! Y compris Gérard de Sède et Mathieu Paoli. Le seul tableau qui n'existe pas dans l'oeuvre de l'abbé Pierre Plantard, c'est celui de Lenoncourt, alors qu'il figure en bonne palce dans la publication Lobineau. Mon opinion reste la même : Dagobert II n'avait pas de fils. Les comtes de Rhédae ne peuvent done pas être des descendants mérovingiens.

- V - En octobre 1973, un jeune journaliste, Jean-Luc Chaumeil, publiait en accord avec Claude Jacquemart un numéro special du Charivari sur "les Archives du Prieuré de Sion" et que l’on soit pour ou contre, cette initiative mérite toute notre considération.

L'Ordre de Sion fut fondé à Jérusalem en 1090 sous le nom de Prieuré de Sion (P.S.) par Godefroy de Bouillon. En mars 1117, Beaudoin ler est contraint de négocier à Saint-Léonard d'Acre et prépare la constitution de l'Ordre du Temple sous les directives du Prieuré de Sion. En 1118, l'Ordre du Temple est fondé par Hugues de Payen. De 1118 à 1188, le Prieuré de Sion et l'Ordre du Temple ont les mêmes Grands Maîtres. A partir de 1188, le Prieuré de Sion compte 27 Grands Maîtres jusqu’à nos jours. Les derniers en date sont :

Charles Nodier de 1804 à 1844 Victor Hugo de 1844 à 1885 Claude Debussy de 1885 à 1918 Jean Cocteau de 1918 à 1963

et depuis 1963, jusqu’à nouvel ordre, l'abbé Ducaud-Bourget (4).

Que prepare le Prieuré de Sion ? Je l'ignore, mais il représente une puissance capable de faire face au Vatican dans les jours à venir. Mgr Lefebvre est un membre fort actif et redoutable, capable de dire : "Tu me fais pape, je te fais roi". Jean Dutour, dans sa chronique de France-Soir du 19 au 20 juin 1977, l'a bien compris : "Il faut avouer qu'un roi est une chose bien commode. Sa première qualité est d'être n'importe qui. Il est chef de l'Etat par sa naissance et non par ses mérites. De sorte qu'il n'offense personne... Il est bien plus symbolique qu'un politicien élu par une moitié du peuple contre l'autre."

Ces lignes viennent après un article antérieur sur l'abbé Ducaud-Bourget. Qui oserait taxer Jean Dutour de royaliste ! L'on salt qu'il est parfaitement impartial et indépendant. Alors ? Comme Jean-Luc Chaumeil, il faut admettre que depuis des generations des initiés travaillent dans l'ombre et preparent l'avenir. On vent faire des descendants des comtes de Rhédae des Mérovingiens ! Pourquoi pas...

D'un rond, d'un lys, naîtra un si grand Prince, Bientôt et tard venu dans sa Province. Nostradamus (5)

ce 15 juillet 1977

  1. Paoli (Mathieu) "Les dessous d’une ambition politique : Nouvelles révélations sur le trésor de Razès et de Gisors", 1973.
  2. Gérard de Sède "L’or de Rennes", 1967.
  3. Un austro-hongrois, comme Jean de Habsbourg, alias M. de Chambord.
  4. Cette personnalité de l'Eglise catholique, qui se fit remarquer par son opposition farouche aux réformes concilaires, s'était rendue célèbre en occupant, le dimanche 27 février 1977, l'eglise parisienne de Saint-Nicolas du Chardonnet avec d'autres prêtres traditionnalistes et on important groupe de catholiques intégristes. Mgr. Ducaud-Bourget est décédé le 12 juin 1984. (note de l'éditeur)
  5. Cité par Gérard de Sède "La race fabuleuse", 1973, p.112.

The identity of the author is unknown although some believe it to be again Philippe de Cherisey. This suggestion is however a pure guess.

Jean Delaude ('John of the Aude') was also the name of a reporter who wrote some of the articles on Rennes-le-Château in the regional press in the 1960s.


List of contents